Just A quick note to let everyone know the 201 Causey Annual Meeting is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, April 11th @ 6:30 PM. The location will be at the Roy Library location. The address is: 2039 W. 4000 S., in Roy. It is a few blocks north of the previous location, and it is just east of the Roy Station for Frontrunner. Also, during the annual meeting, elections will be held for three Board positions. Everyone is encouraged to consider volunteering to serve as a Causey Board Member. If you are interested in running, please e-mail Sheri Hardy with your intent to run. The elections will be held during the annual meeting, and prior to voting, you will be asked to address the ownership. Please share why you would like to serve on the board, as well as any information you feel will be beneficial. If you would like to nominate an owner for election, please ensure they are willing to fulfill the requirements of the role and that they are aware of your nomination ahead of time.
Following is a brief outline of what Board Members may expect:
Basic Responsibilities of a Causey Board Member
1. Familiarity with the governing documents – at least commit to taking the time to read them and be familiar with them.
2. Make decisions about how we maintain our common areas and be willing to participate in leading a group on work days.
3. Management of the association’s budgets and assessments, and likely oversee a committee and their part of the budget. You’ll also provide oversight and direction to the committee chair and be their liaison with the rest of the board.
4. Help enforce rules and help clarify rules in order to help Causey run smoothly.
5. Participate in scheduled board meetings – the anticipated number of board meetings in any given year is approximately 8 (mostly held in the evening during a week night), but will also include electronic communications.
6. Board members cannot act out of passion or prejudice, personal self-interest or gain, or through revenge or other negative motivations. The rational basis for all decisions must be the best interests of the association consistent with its purposes.
7. A willingness to communicate electronically, including emails, texts, and phone calls.
8. Most of all – you just need to have a desire to help make Causey a great place for everyone!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact any of the board members. We look forward to seeing you on April 11th.
Your Causey Board